Return to site

Getting Your W-2 Form; A How-To Guide

Obtaining your W-2 form from your boss is very crucial. In most of the case, obtaining your W-2 form is essential especially when you have a new job. A W-2 is simply a statement for both your wage and tax. It usually outlines the compensations that you obtained from your boss in a certain period. Your W-2 form will carry information related to your compensation for a period of, for example, one year. Another information that will be included in your W-2 form is the amount you owe in terms of tax. More to that, it can also show whether you are entitled to any tax refund. The W-2 form can, in one way or the other, determine how your earnings will be. It is essential for everyone to have a W-2 form. If you do not get it early enough, you will need to take necessary actions. So that you can obtain your W-2 from your employer in this case, you will need to bear in mind some factors.

The first thing that you should do is contacting your employer. Contacting your former employer will apply in the case where you have moved from one job to another recently. With regard to this, reach out the human resource officer of the organization you worked for previously. You will be needed to give out your correct address to avoid problems. You may also consider contacting your former employer directly especially if the organization did not have a Human Resource personnel. The request you make to your former boss should be made in the right way. Get more info.

Another action that you may consider taking is using your payroll to obtain the W-2 form. In this case, you will need to make an investigation. You will need to reach out your payroll admin who will guide you in this case. You may use a phone call to reach out your payroll admin. To make your request to the payroll master, you may also consider using the emails. So that your W-2 form can be found easily, you will need to be clear on the information you provide about your employment. In some instances, your W-2 may have been already sent. If it was, get to know the date when it was sent. Where you don’t find form, you may consider asking for a replacement copy. Be sure to view here for more details!

Contacting your internal revenue service is another option that you may consider. This option will mostly apply if you did not get help with other options. With a revenue service, you will have to provide the necessary information about your employer. More to that, you will also need to provide information about your salary or wage. Ensure that you know the identification number of your employer so that the process may be easier. Know more about taxes at

All Posts

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!

OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly