Return to site

Ways of Getting Wage and Tax Statements from Your Previous Employer

A wage and tax statement indicates the compensation that you got from your employer in a year. This form is usually given at the beginning of the year. Every employee who received at least six hundred dollars in a year is supposed to get this from their employers. Therefore, this document is essential for determining your earnings. You also get to see what you provided for your health insurance, retirement plan or any other deductions that you earned through your wage and tax statement.

Your former employer might wait for the set date to submit your wage and tax statement if you resign from your job. However, if you do not want to wait you can ask your former employer to post it earlier. You are supposed to receive it within thirty days after making this request. However if you fail to receive this form before the proper date, there are certain ways through which you can be able to get it. One way of doing this is to reach out to your former employer by talking to his human resource representative.

You can then ask for a copy of the way and be sure to give your correct address. If the company you were working for is a small one that does not have a human resource representative, then it is okay to also talk to the boss directly. You will note that the application you are making is allowed by the law, and therefore you should be firm with it. Check this website for more info!

Through your payroll administrator, you can also be able to get your wage and tax statement. This can be done by either calling or emailing them. Here they will require you to confirm the necessary information about your employment as well as your current address. And if they tell you that they already sent it through the mail, you should ask them to confirm the date. Check out this website at and know more about taxes.

If need be, you can ask them to send you a replacement form as well. If the above methods fail to work for you, another option can be to contact the Internal Revenue Service directly. You will be asked to provide the necessary details about your employer as well as your salary and wages. They will then contact your former employer and ask them to send you the form. Now you have known how to get your salary and tax statement from your former employer; therefore you should take the necessary steps of doing it. This is because the responsibility of providing that your charges are handled promptly and efficiently is in your hands. Get more info.

All Posts

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!

OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly